Baldur's Gate 3 FPS Loss during LAN Game

pandears

Baldur's Gate 3 FPS Loss during LAN Game

Post by pandears » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:24 am

Hey all, I have been using this to play World of Warcraft (classic and dragonflight) with no issues.
BG3 Just launched so me and my gf are looking to get down on the story together.

It's working pretty well for the most part but randomly I am getting big performance loss on the main monitor that I work from. I noticed that even Windows itself was kind of slow before I rebooted a few minutes ago.

1x 1440p monitor for her

PC Specs:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus Master z390
CPU - i9-9900k
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU - RTX 3060 12GB VRAM

As far as background processes or programs during game time, I ensure that we have no browsers running, or at minimum 1 tab but usually closed. As well as all other unnecessary programs running. The razer synapse software runs but you can't do anything with it so we closed that and were still able to utilize the buttons on our equipment correctly.
Corsair iCue runs and helps with my fans/keyboard. Not sure if I can close that but would prefer not to.
Everything else is not running. Steam has so far been a non issue as well I think.

She was able to play GTA V while I played World of Warcraft and each of us had decent performance. about 70 fps solid with no drops between the two of us, even during heavy combat on the WoW side. Was a good experience being able to share my PC like that.

Back to Baldur's Gate 3: We were both getting great FPS upwards of 80-100ish each with some spikes in the druid area (tons of foilage) but it was nothing game breaking.
We played for about 2 or 3 hours with great stability. Out of nowhere, I start lagging on the 1080p main monitor. 30 or less FPS.

All settings are turned to low or medium. I tried to lower them, it made it worse.
I rebooted and have yet to relaunch but I am not sure what I could do.

I read something about needing to uninstall GeForce but have yet to be able to find anything more about that specifically.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what other information I can provide and I would be happy to do so.

pandears

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 FPS Loss during LAN Game

Post by pandears » Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:59 am

Hi all!

Sorry for the late reply,

This was fixed by closing the Larian Launcher, as there is or was a memory leak that was causing major FPS issues with most/all users.

I hope this helps!

MorrisPhilip

Post by MorrisPhilip » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm

How long did it take you to notice this error? Anyway, thanks for your feedback on this issue.

maruusa

Post by maruusa » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:00 am

Close all unnecessary applications running in the background that's not my neighbor before playing the game. These applications can cause competition for system resources and affect performance.