Windows 10 Latest update kills usage of windows 7 classic games

bearbles2

Windows 10 Latest update kills usage of windows 7 classic games

Post by bearbles2 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am

es, it didn't come stock with the OS. This made many of my customers angry (especially my father) and was a pretty big complaint at launch of WIndows 10. I found Windows 7 Games for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. and everything was great. They were able to play their solitaire, free cell, spider solitaire, etc.

After the latest update, however, it seems not only has it removed these installed features, but will actually KILL any re-installation of it. Windows 10 must be IDing it after first launch, and once closed, gives a "unable to find 'gamename.dll.' The game cannot continue"

I'm quite surprised they went this lengths to block it. My only alternatives, it seems, is to virtualize the package (via thinapp) linked above on a virtual OS of an earlier windows 10 release or try to get a bunch of stubborn old people use to utilizing free open sourced versions of these games from somewhere else. (easier said then done)

Let me be clear, I understand it's Microsoft's intellectual property and they may have a "right" to actively kill this workaround, but it seems fickle and almost insulting to a point and all to push their heavily failing App store. No one wants to spend 5$ per game of what they got for free since windows ME!essay writer