Best Windows for Gaming?

Post Reply
tenzilkeli3
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Best Windows for Gaming?

Post by tenzilkeli3 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Hey guys, don't wanna bother much i just wanna ask you is windows 10 better than 7 for gaming? I recently upgraded to Radeon RX 550 which has directx 12, and i heard that Windows 10 has dxlevel 12, does that mean the games will work quite better on 10 than 7? I'm not really much into computers so im not that experienced, your help is apprecieted :) BTW, the games i play are : League of Legends, Team Fortress 2, Fortnite, Fallout 4.

AMD Radeon RX 550,

AMD FX 4320 Quad Core 4.0,

8 GB Ram DDR3

djandomor
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Best Windows for Gaming?

Post by djandomor » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Windows 10 its best for gaming
support direct x 12 etc
and its will not even look better but also work faster.

for sure choice windows 10

Debradom
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:10 pm

2 Best Windows for Gaming

Post by Debradom » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:34 pm

thanks much
it will be great if I can learn scripting, but I dont have self-confidence about it. I am professinal 3d artist, I love games. but programming or scripting is really hard to understand for me

bastichy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:43 am

Re: Best Windows for Gaming?

Post by bastichy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 am

Well i run a dual boot (7,10) and a usb with linux mint at times. And frankly 7 works better in the majority of games. Sadly However microsoft studios and the games they released recently dont support windows 7.. heck they don't even support windows 10 before patch 1909! :roll: for example - Forza Horizons 4 :roll:
As such with this in mind - windows 10 is the eventual route we all have to go.

SO - your options are any of these.
- 1.dual boot - use win7 for the 98% of current games and win10 for the other 2%/. *(this is what i do and if one os has a problem i can always quickly get to my work and fix the pc later!) :lol:
- 2. Load windows 10 and use compatibility on the win7 games - and if they still dont run try a virtual machine.

About the dx12 - it gives a lil better features.like with advanced AA FXAA support. but in some games frankly on old hardware - dx9 and dx10 may work better than the 12 because those additional features sometimes leads to fps drops..
another side note looking at your gaming rig - be advised - if you have poor fps always drop SHADOWS first. (leave the rest of your settings up) amd use ur native resolution... if still bad then drop the resolution. If still not acceptable them lower the other settings.

As long as you dont fall into the "hype" - gaming at 1280×720 px or even lower is fine as long as you can interact smoothly.
Pretty graphics amd 4k resolutions but under 20 fps - wont save you from the man from the third world playing at 1024x768 on a 18' monitor with settings on minimal - who moves buttery smooth at 60fps. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest