[HELP] C&C Red Alert 2 (YR) (CnCNet Version) LAN port Problem

noddynod443

[HELP] C&C Red Alert 2 (YR) (CnCNet Version) LAN port Problem

Post by noddynod443 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Hello Gentlemen,

I have three PCs each with a separate Aster license; to make a six player LAN party.

Some games require a separate port to network/communicate through. Therefore each computer is setup with two network cards. (one for each workstation)

However when trying to host a Lan game on the Command and Conquer Yuri's Revenge CnCNet client, I get an error related to "port 127.0.01:1233" already being in use on the computer.

I don't get this error/problem when Aster is disabled. The problem can't be caused by a "two workstations trying to talk through only one port problem" because each workstation has its own separate network card and static ip.

I posted an article on the CnCNet support forum asking for help, but the error would appear to somehow be caused by Aster.

For a screenshot and a little extra info about the error, please view my article on the CnCNet support forum:

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/9470-yu ... lan-error/

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this error please?

Thank You Gentlemen,

noddynod443

tomusa

Re: [HELP] C&C Red Alert 2 (YR) (CnCNet Version) LAN port Problem

Post by tomusa » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:57 am

Make sure that the firewall and anti-virus software on your computer are not blocking the LAN connection between the computers. You can try temporarily disabling the firewall or setting up game rules in the firewall. The Password Game

Tinecra

Re: [HELP] C&C Red Alert 2 (YR) (CnCNet Version) LAN port Problem

Post by Tinecra » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:15 am

I've never had this problem before, I'll come back after finding information that can help you.