[HELP] How to open 2 league of legends instances???

Zinola1

[HELP] How to open 2 league of legends instances???

Post by Zinola1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Since the patche 8.21 from league of legends , i cant play the game with my brother because they added a new anticheat , i can log into the client with the 2 pc , but when the match is beginning both games crashes , but when only 1 press play the game works , it crash when the other one opens the game , does anyone knows how can i bypass that? i want to play with my brother at same time , help!
Sandboxie does not work.
Thanks in advanced

beast2040

Re: [HELP] How to open 2 league of legends instances???

Post by beast2040 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 pm

To launch two concurrent LoL instances, need renaming "League of Legends.exe" to say "33333.exe" and then creating a symbolic link to the renamed file in place of and
with name of the original file (using mklink standard utility). It should be done for each copy of the game.

So the problem with the game is that it protects itself from running multiple instances by looking for processes named "League of Legends.exe" across all the system,
and that renaming and linking prevents it from finding them.

Of course, you will have to do this trick again after the game receives every next update.

Zinola1

Post by Zinola1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:31 pm

thanks very much dude , i was doing it wrong , but now i made it all ok , and the game is working at multiseat , thnks very much!!!

magnumrabello

Post by magnumrabello » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:00 pm

i'm having trouble with create symlink and harlink, can you describe what kind folder, executable you modified and process to do? when i sucess, i will have notion to do the future process. when i modified, only sucess is that other client don't crash, but don't open the second game.

Zinola1

Post by Zinola1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:40 am

you have to rename the league of legends.exe from \League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client\releases\0.0.1.190 and from League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.1.249\deploy to 33333.exe , then créate a simbolic link of them and rename them League of Legends.exe , do it for both game folders , and the game will launch ok

magnumrabello

Post by magnumrabello » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:07 am

i'm doing it, but nothings. when i rename to 33333.exe or somethings, on task manager point to original name, but the process shold to show the modified name, no the original name. yet with the modification, the aplication insist to hold the original name. i will do new full installation of client to see any results. i understand that the system need to read league of legends.exe with other name.exe, can you tell-me what name show on task manager for you ? thanks.
PS: when i do that modification, the first opened cliente stop crash, but the second crashes (without modifications, both games crash)

flashpointprdx

Post by flashpointprdx » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 am

Zinola1, I've created the symlinks and renamed the symlink to League of Legends.exe, however now the game doesn't open at all and stops at the reconnect screen. Does this solution still work for you, or is it broken like mine. If you or Beast2040 have any idea of why this is happening I'd really appreciate it. This multiseat gaming thing can really be a hassle sometimes...

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 am

I will try to check LoL today

magnumrabello

Post by magnumrabello » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:02 am

beast2040 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 am
I will try to check LoL today
do you use program or prompt command ?
i used Symlink Creator, i will try command.
can you post what system do you use ? thanks.

Motionless

Post by Motionless » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:17 pm

beast2040 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:27 pm
To launch two concurrent LoL instances, need renaming "League of Legends.exe" to say "33333.exe" and then creating a symbolic link to the renamed file in place of and
with name of the original file (using mklink standard utility). It should be done for each copy of the game.

So the problem with the game is that it protects itself from running multiple instances by looking for processes named "League of Legends.exe" across all the system,
and that renaming and linking prevents it from finding them.

Of course, you will have to do this trick again after the game receives every next update.
Can you help me with this please? Some screenshots maybe? i don't know how to do the renaming and that simbolic link thing