Different ip for each workstation

Shieldfam

Different ip for each workstation

Post by Shieldfam » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:24 pm

Hello,

I'm new here and I have got a few questions regarding network activities for the workstations;

- Is it possible to set a different ip for each workstation ? (Whether virtually or with additional hardware)
- Can a computer on the same network send a message for only one of the workstations ?
- Is it possible to communicate with Workstation B, from Workstation A through ip ?

Thank you.

beast2040

Re: Different ip for each workstation

Post by beast2040 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:23 am

- Is it possible to set a different ip for each workstation ?
It is possible to assign only local static IPs.
Can a computer on the same network send a message for only one of the workstations ?
- Is it possible to communicate with Workstation B, from Workstation A through ip ?
I think this is possible, provided that the program for sending messages can be run on each of the workplaces

pdavis

Post by pdavis » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:25 am

I ran with different IPs on different workstations for a few months but I did find it caused problems with third party services that used the loopback address (Plex and Emby specifically). There may have been a solution that I didn't know about though.

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:45 pm

A loopback adapter is rarely required.
Try just adding a few static IPs to your network card.

brownsunny148

Post by brownsunny148 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:04 am

Yes, it's possible to assign a different IP address to each workstation on the same network suika game This can be done either manually by configuring the network settings on each workstation or automatically through DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) where a DHCP server assigns IP addresses dynamically to each workstation.