USB Device Support for various Controllers & VR Hardware

Ascensi

USB Device Support for various Controllers & VR Hardware

Post by Ascensi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:38 pm

I've tested Aster on Windows 10 with two HTC Vives running on two different GTX 970 graphics cards - each Vive has it's own USB connection and only one terminal (the first one) will work but with only one Vive connected at a time. When both are connected or unplugged the sound of the Vive USB connection/disconnection only comes from the first terminal audio. At this point I realize there is no way for me to assign the USB connection to terminal #2.

I then I had the full realization that since the only USB that is supported are mice and keyboards that things like game pads and even the up coming Virtuix Omni game treadmills will not be able to work with Aster until full USB device control is added. The Virtuix Omni Treadmill also connects via Blue Tooth and there are many other Blue Tooth/wireless devices that would need to somehow be mapped to terminals.

--Requesting Full USB and Blue Tooth Terminal mapping support--

If this is not the evolution for Aster then it's definitely no solution for advanced gaming/VR

shadowbert

Re: USB Device Support for various Controllers & VR Hardware

Post by shadowbert » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:33 am

The questionable VR compatibility is the only thing that is making me second guess MultiSeat as the solution for me - I really had hoped to have 2 terminals with a VR headset being able to be assigned to either, and later even one each.

But so far, it seems Aster still has no support for this :(

pdavis

Re: USB Device Support for various Controllers & VR Hardware

Post by pdavis » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:48 am

It is possible to map entire USB hubs to a given work place. If mapping the USB port is the problem, you could break out each device onto their own hub and map each hub to a specific work place. That being said, it is possible that the software isn't isolated between work places which would cause problems (Steam has this problem). If this is the case you could run the software in Sandboxie to force the needed isolation.