Gamepad support

Mutant22

Gamepad support

Post by Mutant22 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:24 am

I tried trial version of aster some time ago. I couldn't assign gamepad (xbox360 controller) to specific seat, and it controled both games at the same time. I read somewhere (I think it was this forum) that gamepad support is being worked on. Is it working now in newest version?

bazantik

Re: Gamepad support

Post by bazantik » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi, with new version of Aster the gamepad works only on 1st terminal - so you still can not assign it to a specific seat, but fortunately you no longer control games on both workplaces :-D

So yes, you can use gamepad but only on 1st terminal.
Last edited by bazantik on Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:14 am

The latest ASTER versions (those with the new control interface) support the generic joysticks and gamepads, however they still have issues with the featured ones,
the gamepad assignment is quite new feature of ASTER, and is not well-tested yet. I would say it is in 'alpha' state. We continue working on it, so things may change soon.

If it is possible to select an input method from game, then "DireсtInput" shall solve a problem. Separation devices with input method "Xinput" yet at the stage of development.

However (in theory), if a game sees both controllers and lets you to select one of them, it will not listen to another one, and thus you could use them separately having selected different
devices on different stations (assuming that no other apps are listening to buttons). Other words, it solely depends of how the game handles multiple gaming devices of the same type.

T4GTR43UM3R

Post by T4GTR43UM3R » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:42 pm

I've actually found a workaround for Xinput on my system.
I'got two Wireless Xbox 360 gamepads. I assigned the first gamepad to terminal 1 and the other to terminal 2.
I've downloaded x360ce and put it in the game folder.
I've clicked on auto wich assignes all buttons automatically. This software also provides an internet database but there occured issues with some games.
So Auto worked best.
But it can happen that you have to reassign the triggers.
At least I switched to the tab Advanced and disabled Pass through.

Limitations:
I was only able to test it with Xbox 360 gamepads. I cannot guarantee that this method works with other devices.
It works with all my games except Launch Box.
I haven't tried to get this working with Windows 10 apps and I won't try to replace the system dll's.

I hope this helps some of you.