Do you have any solution to have the PC work while the TV off?

Ressibing

Do you have any solution to have the PC work while the TV off?

Post by Ressibing » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 pm

Hi guys,
My Term.1 is PC with DVI link, and Term.2 is TV with HDMI link. The graphic card is AMD R9 270. When the TV is off, the displayer number of PC will be asigned to No.1 by win10. But when the TV is on, display number of PC will be No.2 and TV be No.1. This cause an issue. Since term.2 is not often used, so I turned off auto-run option and set the displayer No.2 to Term.1 and No.1 to Term.2 when the TV is on. But when the TV is off, Term.1 will find no displayer No.2 and fail to boot. So I can not use the PC with the TV off!!! The displayer number is automatically assigned by win10 and can not be changed. The DVI/HDMI link can not be exchanged since TV has only HDMI input. Do you have any solution to have the PC work while the TV off ?

psychrabi

Re: Do you have any solution to have the PC work while the TV off?

Post by psychrabi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:56 pm

Hello,

Try binding the video output for the workplace from ASTER control

Right click on each monitor from ASTER control > Workplaces tab
then choose "assign video output" then check the checkbox next to the underlined video output
then it will show "Forced to x.x" next to the output name

Do the same for both TV and monitor
After that restart the computer

and even if the windows gives different numbers ASTER will show the output from the assigned monitor or TV.

harrisonlup

Sending wishes for a fantastic day to all!

Post by harrisonlup » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:49 pm

Delighted to see this! Great understanding and the caliber of details shared is fantastic!
Thanks!

psychrabi

Re: 9. Is Aster the Ultimate Solution for Hacking into Multiple Computers Simultaneously?

Post by psychrabi » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Georgeiroge wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:23 am
- I've heard about Aster's ability to create multiple workstations on a single PC, but I'm curious if it can be used for unethical purposes like hacking into multiple computers at once. Is it possible to use Aster as a tool for malicious activities, and if so, how can it be prevented or detected?
Much like any other applications, its up to the user how the application is used.
ASTER is used to create multiple workplaces.
ASTER in itself has no way to prevent what sort of applications you run or what you do in the workplaces.

tintroduced

Post by tintroduced » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:39 am

I just want to say thank you. Thanks to your instructionsmario games, I was able to fix my TV situation. Controlling Aster is convenient! :D

LucyCoffee

Post by LucyCoffee » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 pm

To use your PC while keeping the TV off, you can disconnect the TV from your PC or adjust the display settings on your computer to disable the TV output.

maruusa

Post by maruusa » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:57 am

A common solution is to use a separate computer monitor slope or connect the PC to another secondary display such as a monitor or a touchscreen.