Aster + Parsec issue

couler

Aster + Parsec issue

Post by couler » Mon May 29, 2023 1:43 am

Hi guys,
I want to use my PC in setup like : first instance is physically connected to Output (TV) and the second is mentioned for gaming (streaming with Parsec).
The whole Aster's configuration gone well, I bought dummy DisplayPort plug (which is considered as dummy monitor for 2nd instance).
And it's working... sometimes. The Parsec application runs on on windows and it's randomly streaming instance 1st or 2nd. I'm turning on PC and it starts with stream of 1st (not correct) but when I reboot it, it streams instance 2nd (correct).
Is it possible to "force" parsec to stream only desired instance? Or maybe some workaround?

Regards,

noangst

Re: Aster + Parsec issue

Post by noangst » Tue May 30, 2023 3:51 pm

Are you using two separate user accounts for each Aster workspace in the "General Settings?" *I just tried uninstalling Parsec and installing it as "Per User" during installation for both users (you can just install it on the one you want to connect to). It should work without issues.

couler

Re: Aster + Parsec issue

Post by couler » Wed May 31, 2023 5:34 pm

Thanks for reply,
Your solution is working - I had to create new local account in Windows (previously I had 1 local and 1 "domain" (think it was kind of dummy account created by Aster because I have not created such) one). So now I have 2 local Windows accounts and Parsec is installed only for 1 user. The second one has HDMI output assigned in Aster and it works in 100% as I wanted.
I think this thread should be pinned or this solution should be mentioned in FAQ because a lot of people is struggling with this issue and there is no solution provided.
@noangst thank you again.
Regards,