Anyone using Moonlight with Aster?

thibodeau.sim

Anyone using Moonlight with Aster?

Post by thibodeau.sim » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:35 pm

Moonlight is by far the best remote desktop software in terms of latency and image quality/frame rate.

However I often run into issues where the wrong aster instance will be streamed when launching games. Also, only one user can use Moonlight, I use Parsec for the other user which does not perform as well as Moonlight.

Anyone else using Moonlight? Have you switched to sunshine? I have not done the switch yet and am still on Nvidia gamestream, since I'm afraid it will ruin compatibility with Aster. However compatibility already isn't great, so I'm wondering if I would have better luck with sunshine.

Thanks everyone!

Tave1938

Re: Anyone using Moonlight with Aster?

Post by Tave1938 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:35 am

Moonlight is often praised for its low latency and high image quality/frame rate, making it a preferred choice for remote desktop purposes.

pursuecrime

Post by pursuecrime » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:50 am

While Moonlight is a useful tool for the dark, it is not without flaws. Before making a complete transfer, it's wise to put the software through its paces on a less-important system to make sure it lives up to your expectations and plays nicely with your existing infrastructure.

demybarku

Post by demybarku » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:56 pm

pursuecrime wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:50 am
While Moonlight is a useful tool for the dark, it is not without flaws. Before making a complete transfer, it's wise to put the software through its paces on a less-important system to make sure it lives up to your expectations and plays nicely with your existing infrastructure.
Ok, but what are those flaws? I haven't encountered a single issue. Been using it for months..
Favorite quote: "I met my past life soulmate during tough and painful times." source

sofiacarson

Post by sofiacarson » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:33 am

Moonlight is known to be the best remote desktop software in terms of latency and image quality/frame rate. So it is very commonly used

sarahlison

Post by sarahlison » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:57 am

When it comes to latency and image quality, Moonlight is definitely the top choice.

hlightfro

Post by hlightfro » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:34 pm

Moonlight has its uses in the dark, but it has its drawbacks as well. You should test the program on a secondary system to ensure it meets your requirements and works well with your current setup before committing to a full transfer.