Post by daxtrajero » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:52 pm

User1
Nvidia GPU, 2 screens
login set to "user1"

User2
Intel GPU, 1 screen
login set to "user2"

turn computer ON
if user2 waits more than 60 seconds before logging in, his screen goes off and he cannot get the login screen to appear again

Looking in the aster wiki, it mentions this:
sing a screensaver is an alternative to putting the monitor in sleep mode. The screensaver turns off the monitor by sending a special command and the monitor turns off if the monitor supports it. If it does not then it will show black background. You can set screensaver after you have installed ASTER - for this copy the “PowerSaver.scr” file from the ASTER installed directory to the “System32” folder and enable screen saver settings in the Personalization Settings window.

Is this the solution? Why must I use PowerSaver.scr? Could I not use one of the windows provided screen savers like "3D Text" ?

UPDATE - tried PowerSaver.scr from the Aster folder, right clicked on it and selected TEST. My main screen went off AND I COULDN'T GET IT BACK ON. Had to hold down POWER button for 5 secs and restart the PC

beast2040

Re: 2 users, 2 gpus, displays turns off if 2nd user doesn't log in

Post by beast2040 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:22 am

Since regular energy saving is not compatible with ASTER, a screensaver is used instead. It usually works correctly. You can turn it off or choose a different screen saver in the Windows personalization options.
Also check the work of the splash screen with ASTER 2.31

coas188

Re: 2 users, 2 gpus, displays turns off if 2nd user doesn't log in

Post by coas188 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:27 am

Using a screensaver instead of sleeping the display is an option. The screensaver sends a particular instruction to the display, and the monitor shuts off if the monitor supports it. If it does not, the backdrop will be black.
They believe all one needs to find happiness in life is a loving relationship basketball stars, meaningful work, and optimistic outlook on the future.