Taskbar on second terminal broken

StefanHC

Taskbar on second terminal broken

Post by StefanHC » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:54 am

I am running Aster v7 on 1660 Ti and its working great except for 1 issue. The taskbar on the second monitor/account/desktop is "frozen" and if I put my mouse over it, it just shows a circle going around and around. Anyone know how to fix this?

Saltreax

Re: Taskbar on second terminal broken

Post by Saltreax » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:39 pm

I have the same Problem, i think its bc of Windows 10... (Onedrive, Windows Explorer Bug)

beast2040

Re: Taskbar on second terminal broken

Post by beast2040 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:20 am

This is due to HID devices such as LampArray type, which are probably responsible for the RGB backlighting of the keyboard.

You need to determine which HID device(s) is the stumbling one(s), by disabling them one by one in the Device Manager and seeing which makes the taskbar to become responsive. Just turn the view to 'Devices by connection' mode to easily find the HIDs that are 'inside' the keyboard.

Important! You do not have to disable the HID keyboard, but you could try to disable just one or maybe couple sub-devices of it. Your keyboard is a 'composite device', means it is detected as a number of sub-devices which you could disable individually. To see them all grouped you could switch the Device manager to the 'Devices by connection' view, expand the devices' tree and find your keyboard as a nested device of one of the USB-hubs.

What you should look for is a device named "HID-compliant device", which contains "HID_DEVICE_UP:0059_U:0001" string in the "Hardware Ids" Property on the Details tab of device's properties.