Problems with making my DP monitor the primary monitor.

Tushar164

Problems with making my DP monitor the primary monitor.

Post by Tushar164 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:53 pm

I have two monitors connected to my graphics card. One is on DP and the other one is onHDMI. For some reason no matter what I do my HDMI monitor is stuck as the main display. In nvidia and in aster as well. The monitor connected with hdmi is only a 1080p 60 hz but the other monitor is 1440p 170hz. Now normally it’s fine. But when I play games I get screen tearing because I am getting way too many frames for my screen to be locked at 60hz. I was wondering if there is a solution for this. I have a pretty good setup and I want to utilise it but I can’t with this kinda performance
Things I have tried
1. A DP port adapter for the hdmi connection.
2. Tried playing around with the settings
3. Tried reinstalling every single application and driver related to it.

zaku49

Re: Problems with making my DP monitor the primary monitor.

Post by zaku49 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:34 am

Make sure that you disable aster, then select your main monitor in the window's display settings, select make this my main monitor, then you can turn aster back on, see if it fixes your issue.

If you want to limit your FPS there are quite a few programs that do it for you, if you're using Nvidia there's a setting in the control panel called max frame limit that will do it or turn on Vsync in your games, both of these will fix it for you, especially turning on Vsync.

This isn't really an ASTER issue.