Gaming with controllers

Odaras

Gaming with controllers

Post by Odaras » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello,

I have two different types of wireless controllers with two different Bluetooth dongles for them and i assigned these to one work station each when i try to use the controller on one workstation if work station 2 clicks on a different window work stations 1 controller stops working and needs to be set as "focus" on the 2nd work station again ( alt tab out and back in or open the Xbox game bar ) anyone know how to fix this ? as I can only really use 1 work station at a time if gaming. ( the pc has the power just software issues ) I have run out of ideas to try and fix it

anyone know how to fix this?

zaku49

Re: Gaming with controllers

Post by zaku49 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:12 am

It works just fine using two xbox one controllers for me and the single Bluetooth card built into my wifi, there might be an issue using two Bluetooth dongles, can you connect both to one dongle? Make sure to add/set them up inside of each users windows profile from within windows one at a time, do not set them both up at the same time under the same user. Then make sure they're set up correctly in Aster.

Odaras

Post by Odaras » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:19 pm

Sorry thought I had replied here
I can use the controller with no problems if there isn't any change of application on the other workplace but as soon as you change application the work station using the controller acts like it swapped application as well.
it doesnt matter if both controllers are connected or not can be when using one controller.

for example my son is playing minecraft and i swap from chrome to steam and it stops him controlling it until i go alt tab out of his game then alt tab back in. ( or bringing up the xbox game bar does the same thing ).

Thanks

zaku49

Post by zaku49 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:12 am

What controllers are you using?

Does your computer have bluetooth built in and if so have you tried connecting both of them to it instead of separate dongles?

The issue here might be the use of two different Bluetooth dongles, I am using my built-in bluetooth to connect both controllers to it per a user profile, in theory you could also wire the controller and it'd fix the issue.

shadowplayer0

Post by shadowplayer0 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 am

I’m having the exact same issue. If I change windows in one workspace then in the other one the controller stops working. I am connected to one bluetooth dongle, and I even tried a USB connection instead of bluetooth. I even tried one controller and same issue.

As the OP said, alt tab fixes the issue, but it’s pretty much unusable. If anyone knows a fix or workaround please post! This software is super cool and so close to being exactly what I need and I would love to pay for it if it works properly.

manlase

Post by manlase » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:27 am

I'm experiencing the same problem. If I change windows in one workspaceretro bowl, the controller stops operating in the other. I'm linked to a single Bluetooth dongle, and I've also tried a USB connection instead of Bluetooth. I even tried another controller, but the problem persisted.

Smagal

Post by Smagal » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:32 am

Try reassigning the controller IDs on each workstation. This can sometimes help resolve conflicts and ensure that each controller is recognized separately by the system. You can usually find this option in the controller settings or device manager on your operating system.