Multi Monitor Solution With only 1 GPU Video Card

Deandar1

Multi Monitor Solution With only 1 GPU Video Card

Post by Deandar1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:34 am

My biggest issue with Aster was there no multi monitor support with only 1 Video Card. After playing around with the software and different configurations I figured out how to get more than one monitor working per workstation with only 1 Video Card.

Monitors connected directly to your video card output ports are displayed as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc in ASTER workplaces. Aster does not allow you to assign more than one of these displays to any single workstation if they are assigned to another.

After purchasing a USB-to-HDMI and USB-to-VGA adapter, windows recognizes them as separate video cards in device manager, as such Aster will assign these video outputs as 2, 3, etc in Workplaces (NOTE: These are not video cards with GPU's, just adapters that output video via USB but they use your primary GPU as the graphics processor - see links below)

In order to get multi monitor support for any workstation. You must assign the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.# to workstation 1 ONLY. Do not assign these to any other workstation.

After this you are free to assign any of the displays labeled as 2,3,4,etc to any other workstation in any combination.

Example
Workstation 1 Displays attached - 1.1, 1.2, 2 (This workstation has 2 monitors attached to directly to the primary video card output,and 1 usb to VGA)
Workstation 2 Displays attached - 2, 3 (This workstation has 2 monitors via 2 USB adapters, usb-to-vga, usb-to-hdmi)

Side Note: video outputs connected directly to your primary video card should be assigned to workstation 1 otherwise you will run into many problems

Hope this helps!

hvdoria

Re: Multi Monitor Solution With only 1 GPU Video Card

Post by hvdoria » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Still trying to make it work. I connected the USB-HDMI adapter, it recognizes on Aster but is not exactly active (it shows as a vanished monitor) any ideia how to make it work?

Thanks!