Post by pikumexi4 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

To start off here are my specs

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz

RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

MOBO: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97X-SLI-CF

GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 Fury

STORAGE: 931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100
appvalleytutuapptweakbox

Let me begin: About 3-4 days ago I noticed that the recent Windows 10 update wouldn't work, and I would get the error message pop up saying that the update didn't finish. I didn't mind though until I couldn't update my AMD drivers. I tried multiple times, but the same error code popped up "Error 1603- A general error has occurred during the installation of AMD software" Not knowing what to do I clean uninstalled my drivers and surprise! I couldn't re download them because the same error code would pop up.

The reason I'm bringing that up is because it's very similar to the issues i'm having with windows, I tried updating it to no avail. To specify the update I tried was "KB4015217." After that I tried to get the creators update using the windows Upgrade assistant, but it always failed at the same spot, multiple times. I finally called it quits and settled for a reset, but it won't even let me reset my PC I simply get "There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made"

I want to completely remove windows but the thing is that I have A LOT (too much to upload online) of family pictures on my computer, and flash drives (multiple) aren't working, they are recognized but unspecified, and it says that I'm missing the drivers for the flash drive.

So Is there any way to fix the issues that I'm having while saving the pictures? What are my options???
Last edited by pikumexi4 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

johntiler

Re: Serious issues with Windows [HELP!]

Post by johntiler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:20 am

Yes, I updated to Windows 10 Pro Build 2004, and I cannot get the Workspace No2 started anymore.

I have a GTX960 graphics card.

johntiler

Re: Serious issues with Windows [HELP!]

Post by johntiler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I ended up getting it to work with the help of the Ibik support (very good)

* Disable Aster
* Extend the desktop on Place 1 with the 2 monitors via the Windows Display Settings.
* Reboot
* Put Monitor 1.2 to Place 1 and Monitor 1.1 to Place 2, and ensure both are 'active'
* Set 'How to start workplaces' to When a system starts up.
* Enable Aster and reboot

I then found that it worked, I could have 2 workplaces.

Then I swapped them back, 1.1 to Place 1 and 1.2 to Place 2 and now it works. I did notice that Place 2 takes a bit longer to 'bootup' after Place 1 is logged in however.

Thanks to the support team!