Fortnite launching BE version instead of EAC version

TecnoWorld

Fortnite launching BE version instead of EAC version

Post by TecnoWorld » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am

Hello all, some quick facts:
  • I use Aster to play 2 instances of fortnite (one for me, one for my daughter) on my PC
    I always launch Fortnite with the .exe called: "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe"
    It used to work fine, but from time to time (and with no apparent reason to me) BE version started instead, thus preventing 2 instances to be launched at the same time
    I tried ALL the workarounds I found on the internet with no luck, but, as I said, usually EAC version worked fine and let me play
Now, since yesterday, this happens:
I double click on the above mentioned exe
The EAC version appears to start (the fortnite spash screen appears), and in the process details I see both easyanticheat.exe and FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe running
After few seconds, both these processes close (with no apparent reason) and FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe starts instead

I tried:
  • blocking FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe from running with gpedit (no luck since it's not the user starting it but another app calling it)
    removing easyanticheat and re-installing it (nothing changed)
    uninstalling battle-eye (no luck, it asks to re-install it when FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe starts and if I say no nothing will start)
    deleting the easyanticheat folder from fortnite and having epic to re-download it, then re-installed it (nothing changed)
    renaming FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe to FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe (this seemingly works since Fortnite loads but then it won't let me go online since easyanticheat.exe process didn't start correctly)
    uninstalling the full Fortnite and installing it again (re-downloading the whole data) (nothing changed)
    updating my GPU drivers (nothing changed)
    closing any anti-virus and anti-malware program (nothing changed)
I'm simply beaten. It seems that easyanticheat.exe won't be able to stay up as a system process.

Any further hint would be more than welcome, at least to understand WHY it suddenly stopped working (ps no update was done to Fortnite between when it used to work, 2 days ago, and yesterday).

TecnoWorld

Re: Fortnite launching BE version instead of EAC version

Post by TecnoWorld » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:26 pm

today the EAC version is working again....I'm totally beaten in this, this is the FIRST time in 40 years of informatics that I totally don't understand the behaviour of a software.

TecnoWorld

Post by TecnoWorld » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:49 pm

and today, AGAIN, it's not working, in the sense that only the BE version goes and the EAC version closes.

My idea is that for some reason it's EAC system itself that sometimes does not work, for example, the server can be down or something like that since my local system has not a single difference since yesterday. Not a single one.

TecnoWorld

Post by TecnoWorld » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:31 am

Update (but I seem to be talking with myself here).

I tried creating a VMware virtual machine and installing Fortnite. Even if very slow it works in the latest tech preview. But and this is crucial, the EAC version starts there, while it does NOT start on my machine, hence there is something preventing it to start but just sometimes. Any hint about what could this be?

TecnoWorld

Post by TecnoWorld » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:05 pm

I more and more think that this issue is NOT interesting for the Aster community, but I try.

I finally understood "where" the issue is, but still I have NO idea on how to solve it.

The problem is that when EAC version is launched sometimes (I don't know why) the string is not passed to the fortnite executable.

Here are the two versions of the gamelaucher.log (first one is working, the second is NOT):

[Info] Start. ExecutablePath: 'C:\Users\MYPC\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe' LaunchParameters: '-obfuscationid=A CODE HERE -AUTH_LOGIN=unused -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=exchangecode -epicapp=Fortnite -epicenv=Prod -EpicPortal -steamimportavailable -epicusername="MY USER HERE" -epicuserid=MY ID HERE -epiclocale=en -nobe -fromfl=eac -fltoken=HEX NUMBER HERE' WorkingDirectory: ''.

[Info] Start. ExecutablePath: 'C:\Users\MYPC\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe' LaunchParameters: '' WorkingDirectory: ''.

So here it is, in one case EAC does NOT work since parameters are NOT passed.

Why? Can anybody help me here?

danyrokerECU

Post by danyrokerECU » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am

Hola amigo, saludos desde Ecuador, Ha pasado un año desde tu post, pero tengo el mismo problema
¿Encontraste alguna solución?

te cuento un poco mi historia con esto, mi hermanito menor quería aprender a jugar fortnite y aveiguando descubrí el Software ASTER habilité el mes de prueba y todo perfecto, ni un solo fallo en todo el mes, por lo cuál me animé a comprarlo, una vez que lo compré y se actualizó a la temporada 8 capitulo 2 empezó todo el problema, desde ese momento hay veces que se puede ejecutar en ambas estaciones y hay veces en las que no
La primera vez que me pasó reinstalé fortnite y volvió a funcionar
La segunda vez, deshabilité aster, apagué la computadora, la volví a prender, ejecuté ASTER de nuevo y funcionó
La tercera (actual) ya no me funciona el método y quiero omitir la parte de REINSTALAR ya que en tu post veo que no da buen resultado

Me puse a averiguar, y pues bueno, veo que se esta ejecutando FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe y no se ejecuta FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe

Invirtiendo los nombres entre BE y EAC consigo que se ejecute en ambas estaciones, pero el emparejamiento bota errores, por lo cuál queda descartada esa opción,
Descubriste la opción de bloquear el inicio del BattlEye?
Yo imagino las siguientes posibilidades
*Limpiar archivos basura y temporales de la PC en general.
*Bloquear este archivo FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe desde el registro de windows para evitar su ejecución
*Bloquear la conexión a BattlEye mediante firewall de windows aplicando un bloqueo TCP/UDP a los puertos de esta aplicación, para que no tenga salida a internet
*Utilizar la opción del Epic Launcher que permite utilizar "Argumentos adicionales de la línea de comandos" para que se ejecute con EAC

Espero tu respuesta en caso de que hayas conseguido la solución definitiva

lucidam

Post by lucidam » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:51 am

It seems like you've already tried a variety of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, and it's frustrating that you're still facing problems. Here are a few more suggestions you could try:

Verify Game Files: Sometimes game files can become corrupted, leading to unexpected behavior. You might want to use the built-in functionality in the Epic Games Launcher to verify the integrity of the Fortnite installation files. To do this:

Open the Epic Games Launcher.
Go to your Library.
Click on the three dots (...) next to Fortnite.
Choose "Verify."
Check Background Processes: Make sure that no other background processes or applications are conflicting with Fortnite. Certain programs like overlays, screen recording software, or even other geometry dash gaming-related software might cause conflicts.

Clean Boot: Try performing a clean boot of your system to start with a minimal set of startup programs and services. This can help identify if there's any third-party software causing conflicts. Here's how to do it:

Press Win + R, type "msconfig," and hit Enter.
In the System Configuration window, go to the "Services" tab.
Check "Hide all Microsoft services" and then click "Disable all."
Go to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager."
Disable all startup items.
Close Task Manager and click "OK" in the System Configuration window.
Restart your computer.
Driver Rollback: If you've updated your GPU drivers recently, it's possible that the new driver version might be causing conflicts with Fortnite. Consider rolling back to a previous version of the GPU drivers and see if that resolves the issue.

Check Event Viewer: Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages or warnings related to the processes and applications you're having trouble with. This might give you some insights into what's causing the sudden change in behavior.

Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you might want to reach out to Epic Games' support. They might have encountered similar issues before and could provide specific guidance or solutions.

Remember, technical issues like these can sometimes be quite tricky to resolve, and it might take some trial and error to find the root cause. Good luck, and I hope you're able to get Fortnite running smoothly again for both you and your daughter!

Greak2001

Post by Greak2001 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:54 pm

Right-click on the Fortnite executable file ("FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe") and select "Run as administrator." This may help ensure that the game has the necessary permissions to launch.

mariahcarey

Post by mariahcarey » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:09 am

In some cases, you might need to disable BattleEye to ensure the EAC version is used. To do this, you can try renaming or removing the "FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe" file.mapquest

CryptoCurrencyFedly

Can Aster v7 help create a virtual reality experience for multiple users simultaneously?

Post by CryptoCurrencyFedly » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:37 pm

I am curious if Aster v7 has the capability to support virtual reality applications such as Oculus Rift or HTC Vive for multiple users on different screens connected to the same PC. Would it be possible to have each user experience their own virtual reality environment without any lag or interference between the users?
Bitcoin is Cash with Wings – Charlie Shrem https://cutt.ly/pwBLE09s