Vive Pro and Aster?

klutzydrummer

Vive Pro and Aster?

Post by klutzydrummer » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:19 am

I don't know if there is anything that can be done, but I noticed the Vive is unable to be detected by Steam VR when ASTER is active. I assume it has to do with the device not being assigned to the workplace in some way, but unfortunately, I never see it pop up as a display. All other parts like the connection to the USB controller were assigned to workplace 1 and do show up. Disabling ASTER does allow it to work, but then, of course, I'm unable to use the multi seating feature. Is there a way to assign the entire GPU to the workplace as opposed to just displays? Or has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

klutzydrummer

Re: Vive Pro and Aster?

Post by klutzydrummer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:20 am

Update:
Reinstalled my GPU drivers and now the Vive is recognized as a screen. Trying to enable direct mode in Steam VR doesn't seem to work, it just restarts and crashes then disables direct mode. While in extended mode the compositor window is red and Steam VR shows the error asking to make the compositor window full screen, yet when you click [Enable Fullscreen] it doesn't work.