Best remote desktop program to use within Aster terminals

Amnesia

Best remote desktop program to use within Aster terminals

Post by Amnesia » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 am

Hello, I've been using Aster with 3 workplaces, which I'm gonna soon expand to 4. I'm gonna have 2 of those with dedicated GPUs (and multi-monitor) and the last 2 sharing a weaker GPU and using a single screen. The workplaces are: mine and wife's workplaces, living room TV and bedroom TV, the later 2 using long HDMI cables and USB extension for peripherals.

What I need now is reliable remote desktop software with low latency to use the 1st or 2nd workplace GPU to play games while using either TV (both which are connected to the 3rd GPU). I would remote access, from the 3rd or 4th station, either the 1st or 2nd station and stream to me the game I play remotely there.

My doubt is, anyone here ever tried doing something similar with Aster? Any remote control software recommended?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Regards

psychrabi

Re: Best remote desktop program to use within Aster terminals

Post by psychrabi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

Playing any games over remote desktop/VNC or team viewer will most likely have lags and delay.
Try SpaceDesk, its a bit better than remotely accessing the workplace.

https://www.dokwiki.ibik.ru/cs/v2_25/co ... /spacedesk
this links has an article for using spacedesk with android, however, you can use spacedesk to connect using Windows, linux or MAC pc as well

Try and let us know how it goes.

thibodeau.sim

Post by thibodeau.sim » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:37 pm

Moonlight is by far the best program in terms of performance (image quality and latency). But compatibility with Aster is pretty dicey. It can only be used with a single workstation, and assigning the proper workstation can be a bit of a hassle. I do recommend you give it a try though.

Parsec is a close second in terms of performance, and is more feature friendly for remote work. It is easier to setup, but also can only be used with only one user as far as I know. If you run the installation process for all users at once, you will not be able to do more than one instance of it, so make sure to install it separately on each user. Maybe there could be a way to connect multiple users with Parsec if you try hard enough.

I personally have 2 users, and use Moonlight for the first one, Parsec for the other. It was a lot of trial and error to get them set up properly, but it works pretty flawlessly now. Moonlight is fantastic for gaming.

tv8tony

Post by tv8tony » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:08 pm

i can only seem to connect to the first desktop no matter what program i use or where i install it how did you get it to change to another desktop?