Logiteck K235 wireless keyboard/mouse keep lagging

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi all,

First I would like to say Aster is a GREAT software! It just delivered what I need and I am very happy with it. I can now play with my kid co-op without have to buy a new PC.

Now to the issue I am facing and hopefully I can get some feedback. I have being searching the forum and the web for a solution and see several different topics, but so far no solution. At least not a final one, only temporary.

The issue: as the title says I do have a combo wireless keyboard/mouse keeps lagging basically after 1-2 hours of game play. Most of the times, its the keyboard who seems to stuck in 'buff overflow' like situation. Its stop working, then after a few seconds some keys go trough follow by another few seconds of non response, then game receives several commands (char keeps jumping, space bar, menus open and close, ESC key...). Some times I take the batteries out and get them back in, and it seems to heal it making it all work again, but lasts for maybe a few seconds to some minutes and it starts again.

The keyboard is the hardware who suffer this the most, but sometimes the mouse also completely shut down and gets alive again later.

Here is the configuration I have:
I5 7400@3.00GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 1050
2 Monitors (AOC 144mhz and a LED SAMSUNG)
Mouse/keyboard wireless on USB 3.0 port and used on station #2 (station #1 has wired keyboard/mouse)
Windows 10
ASter 2.26 (trial) - planning to buy once this issue is fixed
Playing a kind of game - AION (7+ years - my current set up is enough to play it)
Karspersky Anti-Virus (set up to quiet mode while gaming)

Aster is properly configurated to handle 2 seats, it loads properly, each monitor with its single login, I can load the game and play separatedally.

Here is what I did so far:

1) turn off Windows 10 USB option to turn off devices so save power
2) checked updated all drivers (windows 10, Logitech combo, USB... all seems to be ok)
3) on station 2, mouse is setup to 'hardware cursor'
4) games run in full screen mode
5) batteries are 100% new

What bring my attention is that seems to happen only after a few hours into the gaming - usually 1-2 and doesnt stop untill I reboot the whole thing.

Please your support!

Best,

Cristiano

beast2040

Re: Logiteck K235 wireless keyboard/mouse keep lagging

Post by beast2040 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:25 am

Try using the chklevel100 and AAPThreshold custom settings (Administrator rights required).
Workplaces tab -> System section -> right click on the icon of system case -> Special settings -> chklevel100 -> Apply

First, apply chklevel100, restart the PC to check and if the problem persists, apply AAPThreshold

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:33 pm

I will try and report the results here.

Tks!

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi,

tried both configurations and the issue persist. Behavior is the same: after 1:30~2:00 hours of gameplay mouse and keyboard (not allways at the same time) start to lag.

Solution is reboot.

I am trying different things: lower game settings (less machine demand) to see if it helps.

Questions:

1) Does it help to allocate separate cores between terminals (2 and 2) ?
2) Should I revert Aster its default settings or its ok to leave with that you suggested @beast2040 ?

Best,

Cristiano

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Because of chklevel100, hot-switching of input devices will not work (Ctrl + F12), apply chklevel000 to cancel. But you can leave these settings as they are.
Please check if the indicated problem will appear if you assign a wired keyboard / mouse to the second workstation.

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 pm

ok, will apply chklevel000 and test. My first setup with Aster had wired keyboard/mouse and there was no issue. But wire all around the place is a no-no (don't want to enrage big boss wife). Are we suggesting wireless is somewhat related to that? Can you clarify - does the signal get weak overtime?

Best

Cristiano

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06 am

Just try a wired device and / or other wireless, and if the problem does not recur, then it is a hardware failure, it is possible that the wireless receiver. Also, if the devices have USB2.0 interface, then connect them preferably in USB 2.0

cristiano

Post by cristiano » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Problem solved!

Used wired mouse/keyboard. Being using for 3 days in a row and zero issues with lag.

About the wireless combo, mouse/keyboard, they are working perfectly. I tried in another PC, no aster installed, for like the same amount of days, gaming too, zero lag issues.

I checked my USB hardware and found no issues there.

So, by elimination I guess Aster can't handle multi stations with wireless input devices while gaming.

I am willing to help the support team by providing logs to help investigate this if they want. For now, I am happy with Aster.

Thanks for the support!

Best

Cristiano

remont-stankov

Post by remont-stankov » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:05 am

Hi playing via the mouse and keyboard and even though in the control settings I see mouse button 5 listed for example pressing mouse button 5 does nothing...anyone know why?

Ty

ozturkvid

Post by ozturkvid » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:01 pm

If you're using a corrupted or outdated driver, your Logitech keyboard may constantly malfunction like lagging or responding slowly. Don't worry. A simple driver update can very well tackle this problem. There are mainly two ways for you to update the Logitech keyboard driver: manually or automatically.