Screen and Keyboard SWAP after restart

Asternewuser

Screen and Keyboard SWAP after restart

Post by Asternewuser » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am

My keyboards and screens SWAP after a restart or sleep.

System = Windows 10
2 x Identical Acer Energy Saving screens (one plugged into VGA and one plugged into Displayport on the videocard)
2 x identical keyboards (I tried a different keyboard on one station but the same thing happens)
Same thing happens with the original or BETA windows 10 Aster software

I think it might have something to do with the Energy saving screens? As the screens are identical surely this could not be a problem

Every time I shut down or sleep the monitors SWAP - so I just move the keyboards over too!

Somebody else has this problem too but I thought I was start a topic with the word SWAP in the title to make it more obvious - does anybody have a solution?

Asternewuser

Re: Screen and Keyboard SWAP after restart

Post by Asternewuser » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:26 am

I just read another new post - this might be relevant. My workstations are 1.1 and 1.2 so

1.1 = the first Screen/ Keyboard and Mouse
1.2 = the second Screen/ Keyboard and Mouse

I saw another user used the following

USB to HDMI converter cable
USB to VGA converter cable

If I understand correctly ASTER assigned his workstations 1 and 2. How does ASTER show your workstations? Do you see 1.1 & 1.2 etc or 1 & 2 for two workstations?

pistolpete_1980

Re: Screen and Keyboard SWAP after restart

Post by pistolpete_1980 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:41 am

Its somewhat difficult to understand your problem. It seems as though the assigned monitors to each workstation are swapped after a restart or sleep.

Try disabling Aster Workplaces. Rebooting. Resign to the monitor to the proper workstations. Then Restart again still with Aster Disabled. If the monitors stay in their correct places, then Try enabling ASter and rebooting again.