Game Controllers not showing in USB Tree/Shares

pdavis

Game Controllers not showing in USB Tree/Shares

Post by pdavis » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:11 pm

I have two Ultimarc Ultra-Stick controllers. Neither seem to be showing under the Workplaces/System/Shares or USB Tree. They are connected via a USB 3 Hub. I could see and use the controllers though in either of the workstations that was currently active (had focus using the keyboard/mouse switcher). Using Windows Game Controllers setup configuration in each workplace actually showed the controllers flipping back and forth between the two workstations as I switched focus (with a small delay).

I managed to assign the controllers to just one workspace by assigning the hub that I thought the controllers would be attached to to the proper workspace. This fixed the problem and something I wanted to do anyway so that any device plugged into the hub would be recognized by the proper workspace.

I have been using Aster for over a year now and love it!

System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1803(17134.254)
Intel Core i7-5820K
ASUS Radeon RX 580 (Workstation 1)
ASUS Radeon RX 480 (Workstation 2)
2 x Ultimarc Ultra-Stick controllers
USB 3 HUB

beast2040

Re: Game Controllers not showing in USB Tree/Shares

Post by beast2040 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:30 am

Please send the technical report from the ASTER program with option "Basic system information". In the message, describe the problem and what drivers are used for the controller.

Alex_Zhang

Re: Game Controllers not showing in USB Tree/Shares

Post by Alex_Zhang » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm

My xbox one s wireless controller is connected through a hub using a 2.4G receiver. assigning the hub to one of the terminal works...sometimes.
when using controller supported windows app or appx, the controller is picked up by both terminals. I actually do not know how to solve it.