Want sound from both workstations out of same soundcard

BluesElwoo

Want sound from both workstations out of same soundcard

Post by BluesElwoo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 am

I have a Soundblaster Z soundcard and want both workstations sound to come out of the one soundcard. I have the soundcard in the share category. I hear sound from the first workstation, but as soon as the second workstation starts up, there is no longer sound from the first and only on the second. When I open the volume mixer, I see there is sound that should be comming from the program as indicated by the bouncing blue bar, but on the speakers area, there is no activity. On workstation 2, the volume mixer shows as it should be.

I tried whatever registry patch I saw in another forum post from beast2040, but it did nothing. I think I have everything else working, just cant get this part working. I would love it if I could.

zaku49

Re: Want sound from both workstations out of same soundcard

Post by zaku49 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:53 am

I don't think you can use one sound card for both, just buy a cheap usb sound adapter and assign it to the second workstation, this way both stations have their own sound.

Alex_Zhang

Post by Alex_Zhang » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 pm

wierd... my onboard sound card works just fine, playing sound from both terminals.

DisAster

Post by DisAster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:13 am

I have been able to get my sound card to play out of both the front and back audio outputs between two workstations.

That said, ever since they added USB trees, I've been using separate USB sound cards for each workstation. The ones I use cost about $6 (us) on Amazon. Just do a search for "Syba USB Sound"