I wanted to share with others an issue when using ASTER Control v2.25 together with Windows 10 at KB4494441 system update.
After the above mentioned update Aster stopped working resulting in sequence:
1. Motherboard logo bootscreen
2. Motherboard logo bootscreen with Windows "dot circles" looping around
3. Black screen and USB devices off
4. Automatic reboot
5. Normal boot with Aster entering safe mode (resulting in automatic disable of its functions)
System checks, maintenance, update refresh did not work. Reinstalling last Windows update did not work either.
To fix it I had to disable automatic Windows updates and uninstall KB4494441, after that all works normal and Aster boots correctly.
Maybe it is KB4494441 bug or Aster will need some fixes for this update, but this is a quick workaround for now.
This version fixed this issues and supports Windows 10 build 1903 as well.
- with KB44944441 uninstalled
- disable Aster (old version)
- install new version
- configure/reboot and enable
- install KB44944441, reboot
- Aster fails to start
This time i was more cautious so:
- before: Aster 2.25
1. ran windows update to prepare updates (did not restart the pc)
2. disabled Aster (forces restart pc)
- restart PC - (during which updates were installed)
3. installed Aster 2.26 beta (requires restart pc)
- restart PC -
4. enabled Aster (forces restart pc)
- restart PC -
5. PC started fine with Aster running
Just in case if anyone needs it, current status of installed Win 10 hotfixes and Aster version is in attachment.
PS: I don't think it is the case why this is working for me, however to provide full information I am running on Windows 10 Education.
- Windows hotfix status + Aster 2.26beta working combination
- asterwwin.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests